Express Entry

In January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will launch a new electronic system called Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence under these federal economic immigration programs:

Provinces and territories will also be able to recruit candidates from the Express Entry system for a portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs to meet local labour market needs.

Family Sponsorship

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor:

  • Spouse
  • Common Law Partner
  • Conjugal partner
  • Parents
  • Granparents
  • Dependent Children
  • Adopted children
  • Other Eligible relatives

Temporary Resident Visa

  • Visitor Visa
  • Parent and Gradnparent Super Visa

Study Permit

There are many different types of schools and institutions in Canada.

To apply for a study permit on or after June 1, 2014, you will need a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution.

Work Permit

There are two kinds of foreign workers in Canada – those who need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), and those who are LMIA-exempt.

An LMIA shows whether Canadians are available, or if there is a need for a foreign worker. There are however, situations where foreign workers do not need an LMIA. This may be the result of free-trade agreements such as NAFTA or youth exchanges programs, for example, where there are reciprocal agreements that benefit Canada.